The Thunder Bay Chill posted a pair of 3-0 victories over WSA Winnipeg in USL Premier Development League action last weekend, and current, future and former Wisconsin college players enjoyed key roles in the back-to-back wins.
UW-Green Bay goalkeeper Dani Alvarado, a transfer from South Carolina-Upstate who will start his career with the Phoenix in the fall, made one save in each match for his second and third clean sheets of the season. The 6-foot-3 keeper from Texas has won all four of his starts and has stopped 12 of 14 shots for the Chill.
On Friday night, UW-Milwaukee's Declan Rodriguez scored his third goal of the season in the 69th minute to give Thunder Bay a 2-0 lead. One night later, left back Paul Dillon (Marquette) set up the opening goal for his first assist of the season.
- UW-Milwaukee's Laurie Bell converted an 83rd-minute penalty for his second goal of the season, lifting the Ventura County Fusion to a 2-1 victory over FC Tucson in a PDL match Saturday.
- Defender Stuart Grable (Neenah/UW-Green Bay) set up the opening goal, picking up his second assist of the season, but the host West Virginia Chaos fell to the River City Rovers 2-1 in PDL action Saturday.
- UW's Micaela Powers recorded her first assist of the summer for the Dayton Dutch Lions, but they dropped a 2-1 decision to the host Carolina Elite Cobras in USL W-League play Sunday.
- Ripon's Brandi Peltier (Hustisford) had two goals and two assists as Milwaukee United knocked off Rush Wisconsin 5-3 Saturday to remain unbeaten in WSL Women's Premier League play. Peltier has three goals and three assists in two matches for Milwaukee United this season.
- The Madison Fire (11-1-3) take aim at their third consecutive Madison Soccer Association Division 1 title Saturday, as they face Madison United (7-6-2) in the final at 7 p.m. Saturday at Goodman Pitch at Verona's Reddan Soccer Park. The top-seeded Fire swept the regular-season series against No. 3 seed United, winning 1-0 last October and 2-1 in April.